iBlue GPS-Loggers

If you've got any questions on the mobile hardware you wish to use with PocketFMS, AirspaceAVOID or EasyVFR; here's the place!

Moderators: Stu B, roweda

iBlue GPS-Loggers

Postby Ingo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 0:24

Hi,

I have a iBlue 747A+ GPS-Logger as "LogBook".
Can I read it out somehow with PocketFMS or
with another Programm and convert it to PocketFMS?

Ingo
Ingo
Following Flight School
Following Flight School

Re: iBlue GPS-Loggers

Postby rongrenfell » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:39

You have a few options for this device.

It seems it can output a CSV file so if you're prepared to manipulate the structure of the CSV (usually using Excel) to match the PocketFMS format, you could then import using the Breadcrumb Import/Export or Breadcrumb Convert tools.

Does it export in any other formats like the more standardized GPX format? The Import/Export tool could handle that directly. See the Help for External Tools.

It's 'native' formats (there are 2 of them apparently) are also supported by the GPSBabel tool included in External Tools. There is some assistance for this in our External Tools Help, but you'll have to figure out most of it for yourself. It is known as an MTK Logger in the GPSBabel documentation.

Good luck,

Ron
rongrenfell
Beta Crew
Beta Crew

Re: iBlue GPS-Loggers MTK GPSBabel GPX Tracks

Postby Ingo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:54

Actually GPSBabel can read the Device and write PocketFMS BreadCrumps.
Only the GUI-Interface has trouble with choosing com18 (USB) on Windows.
But using the Command-Line I could read the Logger out and got a Breadcrump perfectly shown in PocketFMS.
I only have to play around a little to get a BreadCrump for every Flight instead one with all logged Data,
but there seems to be a lot of options for such things.

... unfortunately not to split each track to an separated file - some bullheaded design issue.
A solution would be writing a gpx with gpsbabel first (XML) than split the Tracks
with some XML Tool eg XSLT and convert the multiple gpx back to Breadcrumps.
I can do this but needs some hours...
Ingo
Following Flight School
Following Flight School

Return to Mobile hardware