compatibele GPS

You're new to PocketFMS? Welcome! If you can't seem to find what you're looking for, drop a question here.

Moderators: roweda, Stu B

compatibele GPS

Postby Yves Willems » Mon Jan 31, 2011 21:55

Kan iemand mij zeggen of Garmin 3670T overweg kan met PocketFMS ?????
Ben nieuw en moet nog alles leren !!!!
Sorry Guys!!
Yves Willems

Re: compatibele GPS

Postby Rhoditis » Mon Jan 31, 2011 22:10

Welcom Yves,

Neen, Garmin zeker niet. Om met PocketFMS te werken moet de device op Windows gebaseerd zijn. (Windows CE ofwel Windows Mobile)

Sorry voor mijn Nederlands... :?:

George
Windows VISTA
MIO C320 - MIO H610
Rhoditis
Private Jet Jockey
Private Jet Jockey

Postby Yves Willems » Mon Jan 31, 2011 22:19

Bedankt voor de snelle reactie, had ik echt niet verwacht.
Stom van mij om vorig jaar een auto GPS van Garmin te kopen, maar ik kende PocketFMS toen nog niet !!!
Misschien probeer ik hem te verkopen, maar ja 'k zal er waarschijnlijk niet veel meer voor krijgen !!
In ieder geval heb ik geen nutteloze licentie voor de software gekocht .
Moet er nog over nadenken wat ik nu ga doen !!!
Nogmaals van harte bedankt voor de nuttige info.
:(
Thanks for the swift answer !!!
I've been really stupid to have bought a Garmin device last summer, but I was unaware of the existence of PocketFMS!!!
Maybe I'll try to sell the device, but I think I'll lose a lot of money.
At least I haven't bought a license for PocketFMS which wouldn't work on the device.
Have to think about what I'll do, but may thanks for the very usefull information !!!!
:(
Last edited by Yves Willems on Mon Jan 31, 2011 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
Yves Willems

Postby Rhoditis » Mon Jan 31, 2011 22:24

Wel, je Garmin is zeker een heel goeie toestel... voor je wagen.

Af en toe zijn er heel goedkope Mio C320 op Ebay... Dit is wat ik al jaren gebruik en ik ben altijd heel tevreden...
Windows VISTA
MIO C320 - MIO H610
Rhoditis
Private Jet Jockey
Private Jet Jockey

Postby FotoJunky » Tue Feb 01, 2011 13:02

(@Rob (of een andere mod): Move naar het NL deel van het forum?)

Ik heb zelf in eerste instantie een tweedehands Navigon van Marktplaats gehaald. Voor ongeveer 100 euro was ik klaar. Wel een tijdje zitten kijken, voordat ik die te pakken had, maar goed. Ondertussen ben ik overgestapt op een Navigon 8310 die ik bij de MM als uitlopendshowmodel voor de helft van de prijs heb gekaapt. Op die manier is het best te doen.

Geen idee waar je zit in Nederland, maar als je e.a. een keer draaiend wilt zien, mag je me best een PM sturen.
PocketFMS Desktop on MacBookPro. What do you mean I need Windows? VirtualBox running Windows XP
PocketFMS in flight on Navigon 8110.
FotoJunky
Rugged Bush Pilot
Rugged Bush Pilot

Location: Europe, Earth, Solar system, Galaxy, Milky way third bottle right

Postby Yves Willems » Tue Apr 26, 2011 19:22

Hello,
Can somebody tell me if PocketFMS works with Mio Moov 370.
If it does, has anybody had problems installing the PocketFMS software on the device???
I have the chance of purchasing a Mio Moov 370 second hand.
Please advise, Thanks!!!!
Yves Willems

Postby Stu B » Tue Apr 26, 2011 19:33

Others here have more experience than I have with MIOs and other PNDs, but in principle the 370 should work - follow the instructions here:http://www.PocketFMS.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5914#p45512
However, I think I recall some postings suggesting some variability between devices sold as the same model - it would be worth doing a search of this forum for "370" and see what experiences users have posted about.
Stu B
Bolkow 208 D-EEAH

"When once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been,
and there you will always long to return.”

Leonardo da Vinci
Stu B
Beta Crew
Beta Crew

Postby rongrenfell » Tue Apr 26, 2011 23:28

Does the 370 have sufficient memory? See this thread for possible problems in this area with a 330: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7280
rongrenfell
Beta Crew
Beta Crew

Postby Yves Willems » Wed Apr 27, 2011 21:10

Hello,

I'm looking to find a CarNav device for installing PocketFMS quite a while now. Which device gives the least problems to install it on?
I have not much ICT knowledge so I really need a Navigon or Mio model that gives no problems when installing the software.
Preparing an SDcard and following the instructions posted in these forums won't be a problem, but changing other things in the directory of a CarNav device
worries me.
I hope you'll uderstand it would be a waiste of money to buy a Car Nav device and to discover afterwards that it can't run PocketFMS!!!!
Thanks for the advice.
Yves Willems

Re: compatible GPS

Postby Stu B » Wed Apr 27, 2011 21:27

The "Official PocketFMS Advice" is here: http://www.PocketFMS.com/2-Top3.asp
If you can find any of the items on that list you should be fine. But prices and availability do vary, and so, too, do users' needs. For example, a bubble-canopy aircraft in a sunny country will be MUCH more demanding in terms of screen brightness than a high-wing-over-the-cabin aircraft in a less sunny country. With screen brightness comes power consumption - a bright screen may have a duration of around an hour unless you have an on-board power supply (or an additional external battery).
Another low-cost device one user has very recently reported about is here: http://www.PocketFMS.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=59728#p59122
Personally I have been using a Fujitsu Loox N-560 PDA for 4 years now and it's still serving me very well (and I recently saw some "new" ones fro sale at cheap prices; though I wonder if replacement batteries are still available for them?), though newer devices have faster processors and more memory and I guess eventually I will need to upgrade when a future version of PocketFMS eventually outgrows what the Loox can support.
Stu B
Bolkow 208 D-EEAH

"When once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been,
and there you will always long to return.”

Leonardo da Vinci
Stu B
Beta Crew
Beta Crew

Postby rongrenfell » Wed Apr 27, 2011 23:47

Yves,

I've been using the Oudie for a few months now, and it really is a nice device. All pre-installed and ready to go with a PocketFMS button displayed at startup, bright, slightly larger screen, and a quality look and feel.

You pay a slight premium over a DIY solution, but maybe it's worth it if you don't have the confidence to play with an unknown device.

Take a look at the Supported Devices thread. If you can get one of the stated models, at least you know it's been proven to work.

Ron
rongrenfell
Beta Crew
Beta Crew

Return to New users