- Start EasyVFR and on the validity screen shown above, tap [Download Data]. (If any items are listed in red on the validity screen you must also update your AeroData. See separate guide on how to do that).
- This brings you to the Download data screen. Here you will see a grey control labelled [Optional Basemaps Catalogue]. Press it.
Note you press on the grey button, not the ? help button to its right.
- You will now advised that the Basemap catalogue must be downloaded first. Click Yes.
- A list of available charts will now be downloaded. Some of these charts are included in your subscription, and others such as ICAO charts are available for additional purchase.
The Basemaps that are included with your subscription are marked with an * at the beginning of the line and have a button labelled Download. Those that are available for purchase have a button labelled Buy. Any charts that you have already downloaded will be marked RE DL (re-download).
Tap the download button beside whichever chart you wish to download:
- Your map will be downloaded and installed.
- When the download completes, press Return to get back to the “Download Data” screen, Back to get back to the AeroData validity screen, and Agree to continue starting EasyVFR.
- Your new map is now available in the app, but so is your old one. So you must now choose which one you wish to display. To do this, tap Menu, then tap the Map Settings button.
- Then tap the button Select Basemap.
- You will now be presented with a slider where you can choose which map is displayed. Roll the slider until the map that you want is selected.
- When its name appears under the selection drum, you can tap Select to make that selection and return to the map.
If you wish you can leave this selection on “Automatic” and EasyVFR will attempt to select the most appropriate Basemap for you.
Note: If you use split screen to see more than one window at the same time, then you can have two different maps shown at each time. For example you might wish to show an ICAO chart in one window and the regular EasyVFR Basemap in the other window. Use the above instructions to change the map shown in the main window.